Adapted from the Gardnerian prerequsities from a Gardnerian website
If you can honestly answer YES to each of the following questions
then you may be Blue Moon material.
While our tradition is open to new students, this path is not for every seeker of traditional craft.
1. You are 26 years of age or older.
2. You are not currently involved in a divorce, lawsuit, or major trauma at this time.
3. You honor both goddess and god and seek balance in your rituals.
4. You are not ashamed of your mind, body, or spirit.
5. You tend toward the mystical and are intuitive, but are also grounded in reality.
6. You prefer lineage and tradition over eclecticism and new-age, feel-good rites.
7. You can live with learning the mysteries over time, not instantaneously.
8. You can be both a leader and a follower.
9. You are ready to be involved in a group with a long history and high expectations.
10. You are ready to commit years, even decades to this path.
11. You are not a collector of initiations.
12. You do not join groups and then expect to alter its system, tradition, language, philosophies.
13.You are unique and highly intelligent but not a flaming oddball.
14. You have a healthy attitude toward sexuality and are neither a prude nor a libertine.
15. You keep your promises and do not break oaths, ever.
16. You can be silent even when sorely tempted to speak of what you know to correct others.
17. You are ready to make an old Craft tradition an important part of your life.
18. You feel it's important to observe the turning of the wheel of the year.
19. You observe the seasons, and know when the moon is waning or waxing.
20. You read a lot of books.
21. You are healthy.
22. You are not addicted to drugs, tobacco, or alcohol.
23. You don't whine, make excuses, or pass the buck.
24. You have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
25. You are considered by others as an “old soul.”
26. You work for a living or have an independent income.
27. You want to work in a Welsh/Anglo tradition primarily.
28. You do not believe in pagan standard time - in other words punctuality and regular attendance are important to you.
29. You are willing to train for a year and a day and more and can accept hierarchy as necessary to development.
30. You seek structure in your spiritual life but you can also be spontaneous and inventive.
31. You have learned other systems or experimented with reincarnation, tarot, runes, astrology, psychometry, metaphysics, energy projection, healing, sacred dance, etc.
32. You enjoy reading the mythology and folk tales of other countries, in particular, the stories of the British Isles.
33. You want to work with both sun and moon energy.
34. You are ready for a deepening of the soul.
35. You have recently experienced a heartfelt calling to British Traditional Wicca.